Being a leader, CEO, or manager that oversees the well-being and the efficiency of employees comes with the great responsibility, especially sustaining the morale of employees. Therefore, when the world was unexpectedly introduced to a global pandemic that turned everything upside down, effective leadership skills is vital to surface within your team. When an uncontrollable situation is suddenly faced, we cannot help ourselves into falling into a state of anxiety and feeling unmotivated. To define a great leader is to know how to lead your team no matter what circumstances and hindrances interrupts performances, which means as a leader you are required to boost their morale for the sake of the company. With that said, this is a guideline that can motivate you as a leader, to uplift the spirits of your employees: -
- Be aware and observant of your employees’ performance rate and quality. Their performance rate and how well they are performing is a sign of how motivated they are.
- Listen and urge your employees to share their feelings, so that it is clear on where they stand in terms of their mental health.
- Increase their motivation and confidence by constantly providing words of encouragement, being attentive, and offering minor incentives.
- Create a space and assign a specific time for your employees to fraternize among themselves.
- Dedicate the time to celebrate any success no matter how minor or major. During these unforeseen times, acknowledging the team’s effort by praising them to raise morale is vital. Follow the guidelines to improve your leadership skills and prove you are leader that cannot be startled when faced by an obstacle this extreme. Your employees are essential to develop the organization, so make sure of the company’s state by being attentive to their mental state.